Saturday, December 31, 2005

GOOD POEMS

If I had to choose one poetry anthology to recommend to both poets and non-poets alike, it would be Good Poems edited by Garrison Keillor. (I understand Keillor has a new one out entitled More Good Poems, but I haven't had a chance to read it.) A poet-friend and I have spent a great deal of time dissecting the poems in Good Poems, and we love how the poems are organized in practical sections and how each poem makes us feel something unexpected. So if you want to read some good poems (and then write them), check out Good Poems!

1 comment:

  1. I recommend Good Poems too. I also subscribe to Garrison Keillor's Writers' Almanac and get a poem delivered to my e-mail box every morning. It's a nice way to start the day. I need to get More Good Poems next . . .

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?