Wednesday, September 16, 2009

O IS FOR OMG


OMG There's an email from an agent in my inbox!

OMG She likes my story, she really likes it!

OMG The revision letter is NINE PAGES LONG. Single-spaced.

OMG I can't do this. I don't know how to make this character work. I don't know why I wrote that. I don't know how to fix it. I don't know I don't know I don't know.

OMG That's it! I can do this, which will set up that, and everything else will fall into place!

OMG I am so SICK of this story. I can't keep going. I just can't.

OMG I am totally using that (tidbit overhead in the restroom at KFC) in a story.

OMG [Insert favorite author's name here] blurbed my book!

OMG The deadline is when?!

OMG I haven't eaten or exercised or whittled away at the mound of laundry or gone to WalMart. And now it's time to pick up the kids!

OMG The cover! The cover!

OMG My mother is reading my book. My kids are reading my book. My husband is reading my book. Strangers are reading my book!

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh. And you probably don't want to hear, but I'd give anything to have your problems! (except maybe the laundry/Walmart problems - I already have those.)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?