Wednesday, January 27, 2010
MANY THINGS HAPPENED IN FLINT, AND HERE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS
1. Scraping ice off my windshield in the morning and wearing my boots and seeing the snow piled up on the sides of the road. (And it was an "unseasonably warm" weekend for Flint!)
2. Listening to the quilters sing. Gets me every time.
3. Cutting squares for my charm quilt out of donated clothing at the quilt workshop.
4. Getting to know artist Lonnie Holley a bit better (and him saying I sounded like Homer Simpson when I ran about a zillion redlights as we tried to keep up with the caravan we were following).
5. Meeting The Compulsive Reader.
6. Buying a drum keyring for my drummer boy at the museum gift shop.
7. People telling me I look just like my author photo. (Which shows you how lovely Michigan people are, because seriously, my sister worked MAGIC in that picture.)
8. Answering the kids' questions, especially this one: "Did you make the skirt you're wearing?" (Ummmm, no. But isn't it cute?)
9. Not being nervous, even on the big stage where I was under lights so bright that I could not see the audience. (Maybe that's WHY I wasn't nervous?)
10. Coming home to my sweet family. I knew I would miss them, but wow. I really REALLY missed them. Sigh.