Friday, February 12, 2010

IT'S RAINING ARCS!!

What a good problem to have -- too many books! I'll keep my reviews Twitter-short. Suffice it to say you don't want to miss any of these!


HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins: Witches, vamps and one very hot boy! Lots of laughs and "whoa!" moments in this one. (Which is not surprising, because that's exactly what it's like to hang out with LadyHawkins!)


NICE AND MEAN by Jessica Leader: Girls will be girls. And some think in video! Crazy-real dialogue and relationships here. Go, Jess!


THE SECRET YEAR by Jennifer R. Hubbard: Can you say "atmosphere?!" Comparisons to Romeo & Juliet and The Outsiders are especially apt. Hard to forget Black Mountain Road.


THE DEATHDAY LETTER by Shaun David Hutchinson: Really excellent premise, and Shaun puts you right inside the mind of a 15 year old boy. (Scary!)


HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick: Girl Meets Hot Fallen Angel named Patch. Need I say more?? Congrats to Becca who is the first Tenner to make the NYT Bestseller List!

Coming next week: 3 more ARCS!! THE REINVENTION OF EDISON THOMAS by Jacqueline Houtman, WHISPER by Phoebe Kitindis and SPLIT by Swati Avasthi. Happy reading to all!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to finish moving so I can read Hush, Hush. It's been on my bookshelf for a few weeks now and I've heard a LOT of good things about it.

    Hex Hall and The Secret Year are also on my TBR list..heard wonderful things about both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "Twitter short" reviews. One book I hadn't heard about. The others you made me want to read even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tenners are something else! I'm looking forward to getting some of these in at my local library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hush, Hush
    Hex Hall
    The Secret Year
    all sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?