Tuesday, March 16, 2010

CELEBRATE FABULOUS CHARACTERS

So we all know it's the CHARACTERS that make us keep reading a book. Well, what if the author is also a great character??

Yeah. It's fabulous and fun and just extra-special to read those author's books.

Which is why today's new releases are so worthy of celebration:



PRINCESS FOR HIRE by Lindsey Leavitt. I adore Lindsey from her cute shoes to the funny words that pop out of her mouth. She is delightful. And of course her book is too! Desi is a character we all want to be... and maybe are someplace deep inside. She loves the old glamour of Hollywood and wears a tiara with style. Seriously, this book is awesome! Buy it. And visit Lindsey's A Very Royal Contest. Love ya, girl!



THE BODY FINDER by Kimberly Derting. While I haven't had the pleasure yet of reading this one, I know I am going to love it. Because I love Kim! And no, I haven't met Kim yet, either. But here's the kind of gal she is: she read LEAVING GEE'S BEND, and for whatever reason it spoke to her. So she went to bat for it, in a big way. Totally above and beyond. She's probably younger than I am, but dude, I so want to be as giving and generous as Kim is when I grow up. Congratulations, Kim!!!



THE REINVENTION OF EDISON THOMAS by Jacqueline Houtman. Okay, so Jacqueline is a brilliant scientist. (Seriously! phD!) And a fellow classmate in Class of 2k10. And when I read this book, I felt smart and witty and fell in love with Eddy! Having three smart boys in the house... well, this is my kind of humor. Thanks for writing this one, Jacqueline!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Lindsey is one of a kind. Happy Birthday to her baby, Princess for Hire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how supportive you are of others in the writing community.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?