1. This week I visited the art museum in Myrtle Beach, where the quilts of Gee's Bend are currently on exhibit. What a lovely museum and fabulous staff! Here's museum director Pat Goodwin introducing Carla, a museum volunteer, who gave an introduction of my book that pretty much left me tear-streaked and watery-eyed the rest of the day. Simply lovely. THANK YOU.
2. I put in some stiches! The museum had this quilt set up as a community project, so after my presentation, my auht Ruth Ann, cousin Judy and her two boys Nathan and Wes along with me and Eric got right to work. What a great excuse to see extended family! And it certainly goes along with the theme of the quilts.
3. I put my toes in the Atlantic Ocean! Eric, of course, put in more than just his toes. He had such a good time with third cousin Nathan.
4. Gadsden Public Library has been officially awarded "Best Food For An Author Visit." Sausage balls! Sweet tea! Peach cobbler! And more. Son Eric was most impressed. AND I got to meet the President of my Street Team, Glenda Byars. And all the other wonderful library staff like Carol, Amanda, Heather, Dee... Seriously. AWESOME. (Here I am with Eric and niece JuliAnna, who is staying with us a few days.)
5. On Monday, I'll be on the radio! Tune in at 4 pm EST here for my interview on Pat Sloan's Creative Talk Radio. I haven't talked to her yet, but her blog is tons o' fun. I'm excited!
And, BONUS: It's Poetry Friday!! Roundup is at my juicy little universe. Enjoy!