Tuesday, February 22, 2011

JOY AT JUDSON COLLEGE

What a warm welcome I received today at Judson College in Marion, Alabama. Judson has its own china pattern, so this tea cup and saucer will serve as my souvenir. Don't you love it?

After I spoke to a room-full of wonderful young women, I shared a lovely lunch with Sulynn Creswell (whom I adore) of Blackbelt Treasures, Michael Brooks and President David Potts from Judson, author/poet/artist-in-residence Dr. Bille Jean Young (who was kind enough to give me copies of two of her works. I can't wait to read!) and several other gracious faculty and staff. It was such a pleasure to share time with adults so passionate about education and creativity.

Sulynn brought along this broomstick version of Ludelphia that totally warms my heart. She was created at Blackbelt Treasures as part of a recycled art project. What a great idea!

Below is a pic of the three of us: Sulynn, Ludelphia and me. Wishing everyone a joyful day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your visit was great and love the cup ... not my style but so you. I would need a horse or dog on my china :)
    Feeling better and even did a little writing tonight. Exploring the story line of aliens using snot as food so they infect the entire planet with colds... and I will start a new genre sneezing, hacking sci-fi and the main character will be name Big Honker Spitwad hehehheeheee

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?