Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THREE REASONS YOU SHOULD READ VANISHED BY SHEELA CHARI

1. It's a mystery!

2. The mystery centers around a veena.

Don't know what a veena is?

Well, I didn't either. Until I read Sheela's book. (For the impatient: it's a very large stringed musical instrument from India that sings of magic.)

3. It's transcontinental. Yep, by the end of the book you feel like you've traveled to India. And I don't know about you, but I've always wanted to go to India. And now I have.

BONUS REASON: Sheela's a lovely, giving author you'll be glad to get better acquainted with! Visit her website, the Elevensies and From the Mixed Up Files blog.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this. Read the galley on my ipad and am waiting for a copy to come to the library so I can book talk it for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene - thank you for this wonderful shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. India??? is that in Alabama... just kidding
    Dear Sheela, since my dear friend Irene shouted I will read your book and since you're a lovely, giving author I will give a shout out too. I'm very good at shouting.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?