Monday, June 10, 2013

CRISS CROSS SKY


I was sitting at an intersection about a mile and a half from our home in the suburbs of Birmingham when I saw this sky. I thought, man, that would be a great picture, if not for all the stupid power lines. 

And then I thought, reframe: it's a great picture because of the not-so-stupid power lines.

And then I started thinking about other criss-cross-y things:

criss cross applesauce
the lattice on top of an apple pie
braiding
basketweave
dreamcatcher
spiderweb
the veins on a leaf
palm lines

What does it make you think of?

3 comments:

  1. Great photo re-visited, Irene! Makes me think of paths crossing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it makes me think of a fence... how hard we try to control( bound in fences) things that should... no need to be free and how useless the effort is to reach for hopeless dreams when we could rethink and be so much happier wow that is a really deep reply... so not me I think it's time for bed... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?