Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SIX QUOTES FROM THE HIDDEN SUMMER by Gin Phillips

Congratulations to fellow Birmingham resident Gin Phillips on her new (and first) middle grade novel! After reading Gin's adult novels, I knew she would bring a certain magic to her work for the younger audience. This is a lovely story of friendship that utilizes a unique setting: an abandoned putt-putt golf course. :)




Be sure to check out THE HIDDEN SUMMER. Here are six of my favorite quotes to whet your appetite:

1
"Grandpops is as happy with the cookies as I am. 'Tastes like leaves falling,' he says."


2
"She's someone who would never have gotten on the Titanic before counting all the life rafts."


3
"She nods. Of course, when she's being sweet to me, there's always the part of me waiting for it. Waiting for her to get tired of playing Mom. Waiting for her to get tired of liking me. Waiting for the ad things to happen. But the minutes or the hours pass and that part of me gets lazy and forgets to be on guard. And then it hurts worse when everything goes bad."


4
"Her skin is very pale and smooth like a piece of drawing paper."


5
"I am running fast and easy like an animal on the National geographic Channel. My feet barely hit the ground as I sprint through the grass. Gazelles should stay out of my way."



6
"The blossoms are scattering off the crape myrtles every time the wind blows, falling like hot pink confetti."

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your friend, Irene. I put the book on my list! I love the crape myrtle line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entire post really Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows. Summer Captions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worked as a Senior SEO & Digital & Social Media & Graphics Design & cpa & Drop shipping & Video Editing And Youtube & Web Design And Development & Affiliate Marketing trainer at BITM (BASIS Institute of Technology & Management) since 2014-2018. Successfully completed 50+ SEO batches, 20+
    Affiliate Marketing batches and 30+ workshop on Freelancing under SEIP (Skills for Employment Investment Program).
    OUTSOURCING TRAINING COURSES IN DHAKA

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?