Wednesday, January 1, 2014

CYBILS POETRY FINALISTS

Big thanks to Round One CYBILS judges Bridget Wilson, Sylvia VardellApril Halprin Wayland, Ed DeCaria, Jone MacCulloch, Kelly Fineman and Anastasia Suen for their amazing work in the Poetry category! Here are the Sensational Seven finalists:

FOLLOW, FOLLOW: A BOOK OF REVERSO POEMS by Marilyn Singer, illustrations by Josee Masse, companion to Mirror Mirror, Dial Publishing

 FOREST HAS A SONG: POEMS by Amy Ludwig VanDerwater, illustrations by Robbin Gurley, Clarion Books. My review here.

POEMS TO LEARN BY HEART edited by Caroline Kennedy, paintings by Jon J. Muth, Disney Hyperion. My review here.

PUG: AND OTHER ANIMAL POEMS by Valerie Worth, illustrations by Steve Jenkins, Farrar, Straus & Giroux. See my review.

THE PET PROJECT: CUTE AND CUDDLY VICIOUS VERSES By Lisa Wheeler, Illustrated by Zachariah OHora Atheneum

WHAT THE HEART KNOWS: Chants, Charms & Blessings by Joyce Sidman, illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

WHEN THUNDER COMES: POEMS FOR CIVIL RIGHTS LEADERS
 By J. Patrick Lewis, Chronicle Books. See my review.

Congratulations to the poets, and thanks to the publishers for bringing out these fine books! The Round Two judges will consider these titles, and the winner will be announced on Valentine's Day. Woohooo!

Note: I've pictured the ones I have yet to read... and linked to my reviews of the ones I have. What a good year for poetry books! Also, I am attending a Picture Book Boot Camp later this month with author Lisa Wheeler. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?