Monday, September 15, 2014

Bringing the Water Hole to the Shoals

 Last week I returned to Florence, Alabama, one of my favorite places ever, for some school visits and a library workshop. Here's an article about my adventures. The events were funded by Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, with a little help from my friend Pat, who greeted me with roses and gifts, fed me, and gave up her bed so I'd have a place to rest my weary head. Thanks, Pat! And thanks to everyone who made it a great visit, even though I wasn't feeling my best. Until next time...

Lynne Martin at Sheffield Public Library

McBride Elementary (Muscle Shoals)

Mrs. Hutcheson and me

readers!

Mrs. Hutcheson's classroom library

Anna Catherine Thompson at Muscle Shoals Public Library


Angela Bailey, me, Pat at Rosie's

Tom Magazzu, editor of Florence Courier-Journal


Waterloo Elementary

Jennifer Butler-Keeton, me, Jerry Anderton, Waterloo librarian

Trowbridge's -fashioned lunch counter! I had tuna salad on wheat,
chicken soup and chocolate chip ice cream. :)

Florence Academy of Fine Arts (formerly Bradshaw HS, where Pat graduated!), after speaking to Darlene Freemon's creative writing classes

Florence Public Library

Getting ready to write poems inspired by photographs at Florence Public Library




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fabulous trip, Irene. Sorry you weren't feeling so great, but glad it did work out.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?