Wednesday, February 18, 2015

To Tremble

Today's precept in 365 DAYS OF WONDER comes from Auguste Rodin:

"The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live."

Yes!

2 things that have made me tremble in the past 24 hours:


I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN by Jandy Nelson. More on this when I've finished the book!

...and the movie WHIPLASH. (Might be my favorite of Oscar Best Picture nominations, though it's very hard to rank! Probably should say it's my favorite
today.) It's about a young jazz drummer who wants to be great and his teacher who uses questionable/cruel methods to bring out that greatness. Husband's comment: "for a movie about drumming, there was a lot of blood." Can you imagine practicing so hard and so long, you make yourself bleed? I've been thinking a lot about the movie since I saw it, which, for me, is a good sign. I love movies that make me feel and think. Go see!

1 comment:

  1. Always something provocative over here, Dear Friend - thanks for the Rodin quote and the peek into the movie. I've been admiring that cover for I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN. I need to venture inside!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?