Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Star for CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAIR? Poems of Race, Mistakes and Friendship

The first trade review for CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAIR? Poems of Race, Mistakes and Friendship is IN, and it's from Kirkus, and it's a star!

I'm honored and delighted to share this with the whole team: co-author Charles Waters, illustrators Sean Qualls and Selina Alko, and the find folks at Carolrhoda/Lerner.

You can read the full review at Kirkus, and here is the closing sentence:

"A brave and touching portrayal worthy of sharing in classrooms across America." - Kirkus / STARRED

Readers, it's the "brave" that makes my heart pirouette. Talking about race and racism isn't easy. But if shy, private me can be brave, others can too. Let's do it together, shall we?


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all! I'm looking forward to it, Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review, Brave Irene! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Poetic forever friend. Hooray for our book and hooray for friendship, mistakes and understanding. We're on our way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are a star - Congrats to the whole team! Been waiting for this one... XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you and Charles! I can't wait to get my hands and heart on that book! Looking forward to your visit in February and NCTE
    Big hug-

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?