Wednesday, August 11, 2010

KATHRYN ERSKINE VISIT


We had so much fun with Kathy and daughter Fiona while they were in Birmingham! We took them to Yogurt Mountain and Vulcan, Birmingham Civil Rights Institute and John's City Diner. And we got to see lots of writer-friends and others at Kathy's signing at Little Professor: Joan Broerman, Jo Kittinger and Kerry Madden.

It was especially great to see again some of the mothers and daughters from the book club! Next I dashed off for Girl's Night at Flip Burger Boutique. LOVE those ladies! And YUM.

Oh. We also made a quilt top for Fiona to take home as a keepsake from her big adventure with her mom. Fun! And, just as they were leaving, Fiona mentioned an ARC she has read twice: JUMP by Ginger Rue!! I was like, Oh! I love Ginger! She's my friend from way back in high school! So, yeah. Small world. JUMP is coming in September, btw. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful visit! Thank you, Irene! Hope to see you and the writers and the readers soon again. :o) Such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I posted this yesterday, but it didn't show up! I can't believe Fiona read my ARC twice--she's my new BFF! :) Glad y'all had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?