1. When you add fresh pineapple to jello, the gelatin won't gel. That's right: it's all chemical. Should've stuck with the canned stuff.
2. That turkey recipe that called for champagne? JUICY! SUCCULENT! DELICIOUS! Totally lived up to the hype.
3. Lots of families go to the park after all the feasting. I didn't know that until we went yesterday afternoon. (Next year, I think we're going to sign up for one of those Thanksgiving Fun Run/5K events. You know, just pop the turkey in the oven, run, then voila, feasting time! Yeah.... if only all those side dishes would prepare themselves..... take-out, anyone?)
4. If you write a poem in between the cooking, it will not be about gratitude. Nope. The poem I wrote yesterday was a BREAK-UP poem. I know! Where did that come from?! (Don't forget: Poetry Friday ROUNDUP is today with Heidi at My Juicy Little Universe.)
5. If your oven explodes two weeks before Thanksgiving, chances are the top burners will fail Thanksgiving DAY. Yep. It happened to me.... fortunately a quick trip to Home Depot for new ones, and I should be good to go.
Happy Black Friday, everyone!