1. Big thanks for all the online love this week! I only put out my newsletter 2-3 times a year (when I actually have news!), and I always love hearing from folks afterwards. I feel all caught up now. (Well, almost. Lunch with the gals today ought to REALLY fix me up.)
2. If you are not a subscriber to my newsletter, you can fix that here. This is what you missed:
That's right, my next middle grade novel (coming in October!) has a cover!
3. And here's the back: (don't you just love wraparound art? We have illustrator Stephanie Graegin to thank for this one.)
4. This week I've read Shel Silverstein's EVERY THING ON IT a number of times.(I have a few favorites. Will share next week.) I've also been reading SWAMPLANDIA! by Karen Russell. It kind of gives you a behind-the-scenes look at a Florida theme park in the same way DON'T FEED THE BOY shows you a zoo. (Which is why my father gave me the book. He's cool like that.)
5. I've been writing poems this week! AND making a special pillow slipcover for my mama who is recovering from surgery. Oh, and it's Poetry Friday Roundup over at the Teaching Authors blog. Check it out.