1. I'm working on a picture book manuscript that *might* be inspired by my nephew Matt's cockatiel named Frosty. Newsflash: Frosty has a foot fetish!
2. Earlier this month I blogged over at Smack Dab in the Middle about What I Learned from My First Completed Middle Grade Manuscript.
3. I can't stop thinking about this blog post: Reinventing Myself as a Writer and the Power of Narrative by Amy Rasmussen (contains a writing prompt I am excited to try!)
4. Here's the Rosie Report: baby girl put on her life jacket for the first time the other day! We didn't put her in the water quite yet... just let her hang out on the dock while we swam. Next time she's going in!
5. Earlier this week I had a lovely visit at Autauga-Prattville Public Library in Prattville, Alabama. One young reader/writer had a book recommendation for me. I love when that happens!
|CHARMED by Jen Calonita|
Quaint and quirky, never quick,
Mother Nature's glue-stick,
Hard shell, tacky tail,
Glue the garden, Mr. Snail.
- Celia Warren