Thursday, January 17, 2008

THOUSAND WORD THURSDAY


I was born the middle of five children, and it seems the creative genes settled pretty heavily in the last three kids. We have both our parents to thank for that -- my mother can work all sorts of magic with a sewing machine and my father is a huge appreciator of the arts. It was a great way to grow up, and I try my darnedest to give my kids some of the things my parents gave us.

Anyhow, that long blurb was to explain this: my little sister Lynn took this photo on one of her many adventures. Does she have a great eye, or what? Today's quote is for her and for the wonderful bloggers who've posted their blessings for the book giveaway.

"I am so glad we have a sisterness about us."

- Maya Angelou

2 comments:

  1. Irene,

    Such a beautiful picture! I love the different layers.

    Sounds like you grew up in a fun family. Nice that you are going to pass the things you learned on to your boys. I love that.

    Beautiful quote. Thank you for sharing it! Nice way to begin this new day.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debbie -- did you grow up in a big family too? (i've noticed folks who have more than 3 kids often do.)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?