Sunday, February 24, 2008

BE YOUR OWN PROTAGONIST

I've been thinking about these words ever since I read them at Frozen Toothpaste. Be your own protagonist. I mean, how empowering is that? It's a phrase that fits with so many of my other favorites, like "just do it," "be the change you want to see in the world," and "life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." And it suits not just the writer in me, but the reader as well. Because isn't that the mark of a really great book? A protagonist whose skin you would like to inhabit, someone you would like to BE, if only for a little while?

Be your own protagonist. I like it a lot.

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.”

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?