Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FOR THE LOVE OF WORDS


Big thanks to Danielle and the Writing Club at Jacksonville State University for a lovely poetry-filled evening last night! Yes, it was COLD... but the fire was nice and what better than poetry to warm a girl up?

Thanks for making me feel so welcome -- it was an honor to speak to such an eager (and talented!) group.

Now back to my revision...

"Writing has laws of perspective, of light and shade, just as painting does, or music. If you are born knowing them, fine. If not, learn them. Then rearrange the rules to suit yourself."

-Truman Capote

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for coming to speak to our group. For the rest of the week I was approached by people who were moved both by your words and your incredible kindness. And I have been moved by your book: I cannot put it down!

    Sorry for the cold, but I couldn't resist the ambience. What's a little physical discomfort in the face of poetry, right? Anyway, who needs to feel their feet?

    Thanks also for the information on the Writers' conference. Hope to see you in July.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?