Tuesday, April 8, 2008

ON TIME AND HOW WE SPEND IT

Seems like I am forever in a rush. It feels good to be accomplishing stuff, but I do get tired and stressed out sometimes. You know, on days when it feels like there is not enough time?

Sometimes I need to remember to slow down.

Which is why I love today's quotes. Yes, that's quotes, as in more than one. Think of it as a two-for-Tuesday like they do on the radio. And even those these may seem at odds with one another, they really aren't.

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have time."

- Steven Wright

"If the doctor told me I had only six minutes to live,
I’d type a little faster."

-Isaac Asimov

3 comments:

  1. I love Steven Wright ... so weird but smart and funny.

    I'm working on a poem to send you via e-mail. I'm a little rusty ...

    PS - last Showcase Sunday is my favorite so far.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna - I am with you on Steven Wright! Looking forward to your poem... rusty can be very good. So glad you liked "Anniversary." (It really looks prettier on the page in the book, but somehow the formatting wouldn't stick when I posted it here.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful quotes Irene. It is amazing how losing an important person in your life, gives you a new perspective. I feel like my whole thought process has changed....I am slowing down, enjoying tea with a friend, playing with my son, giving my daughter a pedicure, having dates with my husband. Life is too short for rushing around and not accomplishing anything important.

    How are you holding up? I have missed you...I am glad to be back and I have loved all your comments..you make me smile..thank you so much.
    Your friend,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?