1. Working on a keynote speech I am scheduled to present next weekend at the Alabama Scholastic Press Association's Long Weekend. I'm calling it "Windmills and Other Pots of Gold." It's about dreams and how to make them come true.
2. Going to see WALL-E today for the second time. My eight-year-old LOVES it. Me too, actually. What a sweet love story.
3. Been reading a book called BLUE by Joyce Moyer Hostetter. It's historical fiction, about a 13 year old North Carolina girl's experience during the polio epidemic. Good writing AND good story!
4. My newest addiction is Jiffy oatmeal muffins. You know the mix that comes in the little square box for like 88 cents at Wal-Mart? Add an egg and some milk, and voila! Seriously, these things are yummy.
5. I need a new outfit for next week's keynote. I'm thinking something red. Or blue. But not one of these maternity-looking get-ups. What has happened to the clothing industry??
"When in doubt, wear red."
- Bill Blass
I loved WALL-E also..great movie. Thanks for the book tip,it sounds great, I just ordered it from Amazon (my favorite website!!)ReplyDelete
I'm so honored that you included Blue in your 5 Things!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much! And now I can follow you at both Blogger and LiveJournal. I like that.