Thursday, August 28, 2008

THOUSAND WORD THURSDAY


This one is for my son who loves zoo animals, particularly the big cats. (Photo taken at the zoo portion of Hershey Park in Hershey, PA.)

What must it be like for one of these big predators to watch the world from behind a fence? Imagine being trapped inside a body with all those raging hunting/survival instincts that must constantly be denied... Sounds like a mid-life crisis waiting to happen. :)

"Fate loves the fearless."

- James Russell Lowell

1 comment:

  1. Irene,

    I just wanted to say THANKS! for the note you wrote in your book for me. That was soo sweet and made my LABOR DAY, which is when I got the book from them. Anyway, That was very sweet. I only got as far as the first poem but look foward to reading the whole collection. Graci!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?