Thursday, January 21, 2010

AND NOW FOR THE PICTURES


Have I mentioned before that I have a brother who is an amazing photographer?

(That's him, below, in the tie. And that other guy? Another brother! Ken.)




Yes. So when I knew I had a book to bring into the world, I called him, texted him, emailed him and pretty much begged him to unleash his brilliance at one of the launch events.


And he did! Unfortunately I don't know how to snag pics for display here from his fancy PROFESSIONAL set-up. But. You can see the whole she-bang as a a slideshow, click here. **ETA: Thanks to MJ, now I've got pics on site! But you want to see them all, don't you?? So visit Mica's Imagery link above.



Yummm.. cake! (This is the cake that Awesome Teen Librarian was so kind to stash a piece for me to enjoy later.)




And now I'm off to Flint, Michigan! I'll be joining the quilters and Matt Arnett at the opening of the quilt exhibit at Flint Institute of Arts. This means I'll be teaching about how to make curriculum connections, signing books (museum, 3 pm, Sunday!), and talking to school kids.

I'm excited! And the good news is, it's not TOO terribly cold there right now. You know, because it's not like I own a snug, bundly coat.

Scarves? yes....

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love that picture of your hand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. You are an inspiration to those of us who hope to be published one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very talented family, Irene. Those photos are to die for. I hope you continue to ride this wave of positive energy -- for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I received this book from what I assume was your editor? Anyway, I reviewed it on my blog today, and I must say that I loved it!:) Thank you or your editor for letting me review such a wonderful book. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what you write next!
    You can check out my review here...
    http://alwayssomethingtoread.blogspot.com/2010/01/leaving-gees-bend-by-irene-latham.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are just so beautiful! I LOVE the first one in black and white. Just beautiful.

    Have fun on your trip!

    Now I'm craving cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics! And thanks for your interview at my site. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Amazing pictures!!
    My dad is a photographer, I hope he can photo my book signing one day :) Now he photos my children at their events so I have great shots of them!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?