Sunday, June 6, 2010

BEARS, BOYS, BUTTERFLIES AND MORE

Ever since I was wee, I've loved the mountains. And ever since my Senior Trip to Maggie Valley, NC, I've wanted to go back.

It's changed a bit in 20 years, but all the things I remember loving are still there: Sliding Rock, Grandfather's Mountain, those twisty, turny mountain roads. We ate fudge and shopped for art and got caught on a trail in a rainstorm. And when we got back to our chalet, we threw open the doors so we could listen to the jolly little creek gurgling and laughing like a two year old.

It was awesome. Completely invigorating and inspiring. And here are a few of my favorite pics:








4 comments:

  1. awesome pics! It was good seeing you in NYC. wish we could have chitchatted more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like just the kind of vacation my whole family would love. Especially the zip line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. I was at Sliding Rock on Thursday!! I just dropped my oldest off at camp outside of Hendersonville. Such a gorgeous part of the world.

    sf

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?