Monday, June 6, 2011

NOTHING LIKE A QUILT SHOW TO STIR THE CREATIVE JUICES

Even though I totally failed to meet my goal of displaying one of my own quilts in our guild's show, it didn't stop me from admiring the amazing creations others brought.

This one might be my favorite:

This one made me think of my friend Pat, who loves horses:

I kept coming back to this one:

I'm always interested when words find their way onto quilts. And this one was titled "The Secrets of Life." Love!

This one made me miss my Grandma:

This one has buttons!

This one got my vote for The One that Made me Laugh Out Loud (seriously, there was a space on the ballot for quilt-induced laughter!)

This one is hypnotic, don't you think? In both color and form. Wow.

This one made me think of all the Housetop quilts made by Gee's Bend quilters. Great color scheme, too.

And what have I been doing since the show?

Yep. Piecing the next quilt. And promising myself that I WILL display a quilt next show (2013). Yes. I will.

3 comments:

  1. Love those quilt pictures, Irene! And you're right, the horse one is so Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, some of those quilts had some intense quilting... look at those quilting patterns
    Oh by the way, I didn't know that I had to sign in to Google to post a comment and I had to figure out why I wasn't signed in since I was coming from my blog which I signed into... confused yet? Any way figured out how to do it and now I can comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horses were cool but they had ugly heads... just kidding all of them were great. Loved the swirled one.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?