Wednesday, December 7, 2011

GET SPOOKED AT SWEETWATER PLANTATION

 If ever you find yourself in the northwest corner of Alabama, take a turn off Florence Blvd. and discover Sweetwater Plantation, a house that's home to spooks and ghosts and a whole lot of history.

Turns out, preservation of such a place is quite a costly affair. I was overwhelmed just hearing about the struggles so far. And something that makes me SO MAD: vandalism! I mean, who digs up graves and graffitis interior walls?! For what purpose?

Once again, my thanks to Pat for showing me a bit of history I hadn't heard of before. I feel some poems brewing.....




1 comment:

  1. I love love love the picture of the tree and the window!!! Can't you just see Billy's mother looking out that window when Sam brought his body home... the panes separate her from the world but cruelly allow her to watch sorrow come.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?