Monday, February 13, 2012

ERR ON THE SIDE OF LOVE

Last Friday I had the pleasure of lunching with a local book club that selected LEAVING GEE'S BEND as their title for discussion. They graciously invited me to join them for a lovely lunch at Oscar's, the restaurant inside Birmingham Museum of Art.

What a great group of women! I am moved again and again by the generosity and goodness of readers.

Take this, for example, a gift wrapped in simple Ludelphia-style:


...and inside was this:

If you've read my bio on the jacketflap, you'll know that my mama always said, "err on the side of love." And because that quote also spoke to Kimberly, now I have a unique and gorgeous piece of art to remind me of just how important and meaningful those words are.

Thank you, Kimberly! And thanks to all of you other ladies, too. It was lovely to meet you.

2 comments:

  1. How pleased you must be to connect with the readers like this, & to receive such a personally created gift is wonderful. Thanks for sharing the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene, I can't tell you how many times I've shared your mama's quote and have thought of it myself. Thank you for sharing it with the world. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?