Sunday, December 29, 2013

GOODBYE SKY

What to say about my "sky" year? It's been AMAZING. Thanks to all of you who helped make it that way!

Every single day this year I've been aware of the sky in a way I never was before. It provided a focus for me, which is exactly the point of choosing One Little Word. The experience has brought me wonder and joy and beauty. Also: poems! And I learned a few things, too-- if the sky can change and change and change, and be beautiful ever which way, so, too, can we.

Soon I will begin again with a brand-new One Little Word. I've made my choice, and I'm excited... but sad, too. The good news is that the sky is good at waiting. It will be there whenever I turn my eyes that way. And I will. Often. I don't think that habit is going away.

Happy 2014, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I've loved seeing all your sky posts, and poems, Irene. I think it's made me pay attention, too! Looking forward to your book. Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me for 2014! http://thereisnosuchthingasagodforsakentown.blogspot.com/2013/12/one-little-word-for-2014.html Happy New Year! Can't wait to read your new book.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?