Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Welcome to My Studio!

For many years I called a corner of my dining room my "office."



But now, thanks to the gradual emptying of the Nest, I have a Room of My Own:

~The Purple Horse Poetry Studio & Music Room~

view (today!) from the hallway

my writing corner (I guess I still like corners!)


original art by Anna Wadham

original art by Mique Moriuchi (I collect at least one
original piece from each book... someday I hope these walls
are FILLED with art!)


Why "Purple Horse"? 

Because of this piece of art by Tamara Garvey, which I acquired a couple of years ago at a South Street Seaport art shop in New York City.


Why "Studio"?

Because "office" is too stark, and "study" is too pretentious and "library" is too quiet. Artists have studios... musicians do, too... and isn't poetry both art and music?

Why "Poetry," when I write other things as well?

Because Poetry is the love of my life.

Why "Music Room," too?

Because it's in this room that I play my cello. :)


**Today I also posted at Smack Dab in the Middle about what made my childhood summers MAGIC... pop on over and share YOUR magic childhood memories!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful peek into your studio! How fun to have a room of your own. I love the quote: "I cannot live without books."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your studio, Irene, a place for many pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your studio. I have a room that is now empty, but I still seem to prefer hanging out in the common areas with my laptop. I'm not sure I would use a studio, but you've inspired me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a welcome change from the tweets and posts on the election. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous studio, Irene! So calming. And buying a piece of art from each book published is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous studio, Irene! So calming. And buying a piece of art from each book published is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your beautiful studio, Irene!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?