Tuesday, September 12, 2017

TV Tuesday: Three Shows Worth Watching

Those who know me, know I am not a big TV person. (Movies, YES.) But I am married to a TV person, and I kinda like hanging out with him, so we are always on the lookout for shows I will actually sit through. :) Today -- thanks to Netflix -- I have three to share with you.

ATYPICAL - A Netflix Original comedy. The story centers on 18 year old Sam who happens to be on the autism spectrum -- and he's looking for love! I love this cast, especially Sam's sister Casey. We've actually watched the first season once thru with our resident Aspie (who related heavily) and are now watching it again with our youngest son. Please, please hurry up with Season 2!

Anne with flowers in her hat
on the first day of school, not
knowing how the other kids
will torment her.
ANNE WITH AN E - You can find this one on Netflix. (Thank you, Pat, for recommending it!) It's based on the book ANNE OF GREEN GABLES by Lucy Maud Montgomery, which, oddly, I have never read! (My father did give me a copy not long before he died, so it is waiting for me.) We love -- and ache -- for that plucky, word-loving Anne who only wants to be loved... and to be beautiful when she grows up. :)

POLDARK - also on Netflix. Originally a Masterpiece Theater production set just after the American Revolutionary War -- in Cornwall. There's love and intrigue and copper mines... and Aidan Turner. Dreamy!

Bonus: LAST CHANCE U - also on ... you guessed it, Netflix! We have watched both seasons, and it gives us a lot to talk about... education, the important of caring, our country's sports culture, race, the South, what kids need... good stuff (and yes, a lot of foul language!).

Is there a TV show you're excited about? Please share in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?