Thursday, May 2, 2019

Spirit of Spring

-->
Hello and welcome to Spiritual Journey Thursday! Big thanks to Carol for rounding us up over at Beyond LiteracyLink.

I do love spring... who doesn't? As a kid, the best part was meeting baby animals... chicks, calves, foals. Just this morning I saw a young rabbit nibbling clover in our backyard, and also a squirrel family. Joy! Though we were not so happy about the squirrels invading our screen porch to raid the bird seed – and leaving destroyed screens in their wake. Sigh. How quickly a little bit of wildlife can become too much!

Rosie - 6 months
We've loved having a puppy in our lives this particular spring. Rosie is growing and learning, turning into a real dog right before our eyes. One day I'll be so frustrated that she won't let me trim her nails, and then the next I am delighted because she actually comes when I call her. Up and down, up and down... mostly up! So, animals with all their joy and hope continue to speak to me of the spirit of spring.

This month is full of family events – a family trip to the beach, a cousin's wedding, a niece's first baby, a nephew's graduation from high school. And Mother's Day, which I'm delighted to be sharing with my mom and my adopted siblings. I will carry the spirit of spring – the newness, the hope, the miracle of green – through all of these gatherings.

Wishing all of you inspiration and renewal this season! Thanks, Carol, for this topic and for rounding us up. xo

6 comments:

  1. As we look around us, Irene, we see the signs of spring as you so descriptively mentioned. It is a time of joy, inspiration, and renewal and your family is sharing much joy during this month. May you all be blessed with a renewed spirit of love as you gather together to celebrate wonderful family events. Thank you for sharing your perspective on how "animals with all their joy and hope continue to speak to me of the spirit of spring."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... you remind me of some baby chicks I once saw at a farm. One chick had a feather in its beak, and all the other chicks wanted it and chased after. Hilarious, really. Spring is like that... up and down. Thanks for your post and for keeping us afloat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying little touches of nature this season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to celebrate this time of the year. Your list of upcomimg family celebrations parallels mine: graduations--college & high school, family coming home for visits, trip to the coast ... and I will have my three kids home for Mother's Day this year! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to comment from my phone, but it didn't work. Oh, that picture of Rosie! Enjoy your family gatherings.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?