Monday, October 29, 2012

MEET MY NEW ASSISTANT

This past weekend I traveled to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, for the Louisiana Book Festival.

I've traveled to a number of book festivals over the years, but none of them was quite like this one.

That's because I wasn't alone, or with one of my favorite kid-assistants... this time I was with my sweet husband!

Here he is changing a flat tire after lunch but before Mississippi.




Here's the table he got for us at Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant:


Here we are before feasting on barbeque shrimp with grit cakes and oyster bisque and trout.


Here's the beignets we got at Cafe du Monde after he walked with me for blocks and blocks.



Here's  picture of me he took without me even knowing it.


And here he is with the Best Banana Split Ever, just waiting to share it with me. (Can you tell we like to eat?)


As my grandmother would say, we had a BIG TIME! It was really wonderful. And more to come....


9 comments:

  1. Great to see all the pics of your time with your new assistant, Irene, and I'd like some beignets please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Good thing you're biking since you're eating all that scrumptious food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally a "when in New Orleans" thing! We FEASTED. Thanks for stopping by, Kim!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine... that sandwich I had for lunch today was kinda ho-hum after all that excess... sigh.

      Delete
  4. Awwww! So sweet (both the food and your hubby)! It's always fun to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I hope things are good in your neighborhood... thanks for stopping by. xo

      Delete
  5. speaking of eating... I made my chicken salad tonight ... yummyyyy

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?