Friday, October 31, 2008
FIVE FOR FRIDAY
1. Early this morning when I was driving the kids to school, I spied a beautiful hot air balloon hovering just above the tree line. Talk about a great way to start the day!
2. For those of you who have been so sweet about my father: he is at Mayo Clinic in surgery as we speak. Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming.
3. Just in time for Halloween, I have a new favorite candy: vanilla yogurt creme Hershey kisses. Yum!
4. I am super excited about talking with the Girl Scouts about writing on Sunday. It's gonna be fun!
5. My back yard is now the home of a bunch of new oak leaf hydrangeas, Christmas cheer azaleas, Lenten roses, and a wide variety of ferns. The centerpiece is a Milky Way Kousa dogwood. Now all that's left is to empty the truck of its four giant scoops of mulch. Shovels, anyone?
"The difficult is what takes a little time; the impossible is what takes a little longer."
- Fridtjof Nansen (Nobel Prize for Peace, 1922)