Sunday, November 2, 2008

SHOWCASE SUNDAY

November


Even the sky

is naked


now, brisk air

having finally


chased off

the clouds.


Trees sway

in the backyard,


wind pushes

my collar up


as yellow-brown

tornadoes


tear across

the lawn


in a dance

that can only


be done

when all else


has been stripped

away ---


like just before

our lips touch,


or just after.

- Irene Latham

I love November. So it should come as no surprise that of all the poems I've written, this is one of my most favorite.

"It takes courage to grow up and beocme who you really are."

- e.e. cummings

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to start November.And, I love the Cummings quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. What a beautiful poem. And that last sentence, the before and after--!!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem! I can see why it is one of your favs.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?