Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SPEAKING OF YELLOW





Michelle said I should share pics of my new and improved garden, so here you go.

The tree with the yellow leaves is a sugar maple (and the inspiration for the "November" poem posted last Sunday).

The Bird Girl is a favorite of mine... and she is the inspiration for another poem, one entitled "Suicide Ghazal." I'll post that one next Sunday.

The little tree that's shaped like a goblet and has a smattering of red leaves is my new dogwood. Can't wait to see how it all looks in spring!

"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."

- Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

  1. Well, it looks just serenely beautiful!! I love all of it. Bet it WILL be lovely in the spring. Good job, Irene!

    Cant wait to read the poem inspired by that statue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le sigh! I miss real trees. Yours is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?