Thursday, November 13, 2008

THOUSAND WORD THURSDAY


Remember the Mad Bluebird? Let's call this one the Grumpy Prairie Dog. :)

My father took this pic earlier this year (pre-cancer diagnosis), and for whatever reason, it makes me smile. Hope it brings you joy as well.

I've had a hard time focusing this week -- I feel like I am shooting my energy all over the place when what I need to do is grab hold of something and hunker down. I took a break from my angst by sinking into my latest thrift-store find: All Over But the Shoutin' by Rick Bragg. Now here's a quote that resonates...

"I was slowly beginning to realize that the only thing that was worth writing about was living and dying and the trembling membrane in between."

- Rick Bragg

2 comments:

  1. As a weasel(belette) I am very keen on weasely like creatures( prairie dogs being one of them). There is a sense of proud accomplishment in the creatures face that I admire.

    My word verification is amble. It seems fitting to where I am at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear friend,

    Thank you so much for the update on your father. I wish that the news was better, but I am glad to know that he is fighting with all his might. I know that this must be doubly hard on you being so far away from him, but something tells me that he feels your spirit hovering closely all of the time. Love will do that. I will continue to keep him and you in my prayers.

    My dad is doing better, yet sometimes he is not totally honest with me. He had radiation treatment done on his thyroid several weeks ago, and it seems to have worked, so now they will reset the rhythm of his heart. It may or may not work, but we are hopeful. Thank you so much for asking. I don't write about my dad on my blog very much, but he is a huge part of my life and always has been. Thank you for remembering. You are such a sweetheart.

    What is going on with the new book? I should probably just email you, since this is becoming a book in itself!

    I LOVE the picture of the prairie dog that your dad took!

    Big hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?