Friday, November 21, 2008

TWILIGHT, THE MOVIE

Well... I didn't hate it exactly but I sure didn't love it.

The best part was being a part of such excitement. You should have seen the crowd, many of them dressed up as characters in the book or wearing Twilight-related clothing. THAT was fun.

The worst part was how disappointed I was. My most favorite scene - the one where Edward takes Bella to the forest and shows her how his skin sparkles - did not translate at all to film. And I don't know who's brilliant idea the soundtrack was. The whole thing just struck me as cheesy. And hey, I enjoyed the book!

Anyhow, I'm glad I saw it. But I'm also glad it's over. :)

"the soul should always stand ajar,
ready to welcome the ecstastic experience"

- Emily Dickinson

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, I will skip the movie and go for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to talk to me and SF! WE laughed the whole time. It was fun, but definitely goof-ball corny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my daughters(my 14 year old) has already seen it three times! I haven't seen it yet, but I am sure that like you, I will find it disappointing after reading the book.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?