Sunday, February 1, 2009

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN POETRY AND PROSE

My friend Suzanne and I have got it all figured out:

Poetry is Feline


Prose is Canine


Think about it: the cat shows up when it wants to. Sometimes it sleeps in your lap, sometimes it stays out all night. It is elegant and graceful. It watches things very closely. The dog is always there, needing you for something. It's clumsy and makes messes. When it looks at you longingly, you feel better when you pat it on the head.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up at us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

- Winston Churchill

4 comments:

  1. i love this Irene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Brilliant!
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my pups are the exceptions. both gryffin and granger treat me as their equal ; )

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?