Monday, October 26, 2009

MENAGE A MONDAY


Today I'm trying to take down some of the paper-piles on my dining room table.

But I keep thinking about the crazy socks my youngest son wore to school today, for "Sock it to Drugs" Day. He's the first of my kids to actually participate in such an activity. Yeah, he's cool that way.

As for me, I think I'll go put on those toe socks my sweet sister gave me a few years back. That will give the girls at Girls, Inc. something to giggle about when I go talk with them later about LEAVING GEE'S BEND. It even sorta fits the theme, as one of the things the Red Cross sent Gee's Bend the winter of 1933 was socks. Hmmm... now the wheels are turning...

I'm super-excited about the return of Friday Night Lights to cable. This is the ONLY show I really watch. Wednesday night. Riggins. Be there.

AND I just bought this for my grandmother who is turning 92. I just wish I could be there to watch her open the box and ooh and aah over it like it's the Best Thing Ever. What a sweet girl she is!

Wishing all of you a happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. We had crazy socks for drugs (or I guess it's anti-drugs) this week, too!

    I'm so jealous that you have someone in your life to whom you can give a snuggie!!

    sf

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?