You know how sometimes life comes at you so fast you can hardly keep up? Yeah. That's how things have been for me lately. Here are the highlights:
1. This adorable baby boy whom I have had the privilege and honor of loving just turned SWEET SIXTEEN!! We are currently car shopping... and taking him tomorrow to get his license. He's a responsible driver so far, but it still makes me worry.
2. Spent some quality time with one of my most favorite people on the planet: my sister Lynn (below). Love you, sweet girl.
3. Said "goodbye" to one of my other most favorite people: my granddaddy (below). He was 93. But it still didn't feel like enough time.
He died just four months after my grandmother -- his wife of 68 years. I have talked about them here before... I learned so much from them about love and how to live a life. I feel so lucky to have known them.
4. What was once FINISHING SCHOOL FOR HOPELESS ROMANTICS has been retitled: THE COLOR OF LOST ROOMS. Working very hard with editor to get this poetry manuscript ship-shape before we move to the next stage.
5. Working on the backside of my charm quilt. Yeah... decided I wanted it double-sided, so I've been cutting larger-size blocks. I think it will make a nice variation. Will share pics when I get to that point!
The Color of Lost Rooms is a wonderful title.ReplyDelete
Sorry for the loss of your grandfather, but I'm happy to hear of all the other news!