Friday, June 7, 2013

FIVE FOR POETRY FRIDAY

Happy Poetry Friday! Don't forget to visit amazingly creative and inspiring Tabatha at The Opposite of Indifference for Roundup.

1. For the first year ever, I am not on family vacation for the 48 Hour Book Challenge! My e-reader is loaded, and my nightstand is ready, starting with this one:

Sign up at Ms Yingling Reads.

2. Had a lovely time visiting Pat who pampered us, as ever. We visited the Wall, ate yummy vegetables and talked writing. Here's a pic of two of my favorite fellas on the Ranger:

3. Finished edits on DEAR WANDERING WILDEBEEST, my poetry collection for children to be released by Millbrook Press/Lerner in 2014. Special thanks to a very special poet-friend Jeannine who helped me spit and polish. Mwah!

4. Enjoyed corresponding with friends after putting out my email newsletter, in which I shared news about DON'T FEED THE BOY being selected to represent Alabama at the National Book Festival in Washington DC! I also got an invitation to Southern Festival of Books in October, so I'll be heading to Nashville as well. Thank you, friends, for reading! And if you're not on the list but want to be, sign up at my website.

5. Lots of exciting things going on next week, beginning with Alabama School Library Association's summer conference. I'm presenting a session on poetry and how to use The Poetry Friday Anthologies. Yippee!

10 comments:

  1. So many wonderful things -- great about the conference next week, and Southern Festival of Books, which I've heard so many great things about. ... and it was an honor to stand by your side doing a bit of spitting and polishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss, Joe and the girls came and helped me finish off the ham and veggies last night... enjoyed y'all so much and y'all come back now, you hear... hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear all your good news, Irene! Hooray for Don't Feed the Boy being selected to represent Alabama. What an honor!



    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good luck on the 48 hour challenge. I am seeing friends this weekend and so I won't be participating in it. Good luck. I can't wait for your poetry book to arrive. Congratulations on being selected for the book festivals. Awsome! Don't Feed the Boy arrived in our book order. Can't wait to promote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. So much good news. The 48 hour challenge sounds, well, challenging. Have fun with it and at the conference next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all your good news, Irene! I also will look for your poetry book next year! Your session sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on Don't Feed the Boy and good luck with Dear Wandering Wildebeest! Representing your state is a terrific honor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much good news! Always happy to hear what you are up to. Great photo, and "Dear Wandering Wildebeest" is a fun name! My daughter will be in Nashville in the fall -- I'll tell her about the conference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just about need more than 5 to contain all your news! Good on ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Irene, on the honor of Don't Feed the Boy representing Alabama! You are a busy gal.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?