Monday, August 15, 2011

QUILTING UPDATE

Behold the lovelies:

This one is a birthday gift for a special friend:

This one is also a birthday gift for a special friend (who loveloveloves Christmas)...and it gave me an opportunity to put the tiniest dent in my Christmas fabric stash. But you'd never know it, because since I pieced this one, Pat has sent me all sorts of new Christmas fabrics. (Thanks, Pat! You are THE BEST.) So, yes, I do believe there may be some additional Christmas quilts in my future.

And this one I'm calling my "Poinsettia Quilt." It's also a birthday gift for a Very Important Woman in my life. That's all I'm gonna say!

Oh, and here's the back of the Poinsettia Quilt. It looks a little "Gee's Bend" to me.

Stay tuned for more quilts... I've pieced four (4 !!) in the past few weeks. I am learning SO MUCH during this 2011 Quilt a Month challenge. Like, IRONING IS GOOD. More on this in at later post. :)

3 comments:

  1. I didn't get a picture of the Alabama quilt but maybe I'll get one before Kathy picks it up from Carolyn. Finished one side of Pam's quilt... now got to do the Christmas side. Got to do one for the Elks for the empty stocking fund. Got to get Missy's Christmas done and Lezlie's started. All of these are kings size quilts. I'm exhausted already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene,

    You have been a busy girl. Don't you just love working with the fabric stash to create such beautiful designs. I love a pieced quilt back too. Not too long ago I was thinking of Leaving Gees Bend and Ludelphia's mama saying she was born to stitch. I too feel so much better when I make time for quilt making and other creative endeavors. Off to my sewing room for a bit! Happy quilting.

    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?