Wednesday, December 12, 2018

TRIBE OF MENTORS: Q.7 New Belief That's Most Improved My Life

Welcome to the latest installment of my TRIBE OF MENTORS by Timothy Ferriss series.

Earlier posts:
Q.1 about books
Q.2 about best purchase under $100
Q.4 my billboard message
Q.5 most worthwhile investment
Q.6 absurd love

Today's question:

In the last five years, what new belief, behavior, or habit has most improved your life?

I could say all sorts of things here: playing the cello, drinking veggie juice every day, moving to the lake, daily meditation practice, Alanon... the past five years have definitely been the best in my life! And I think mostly it's because of shifting beliefs...
In general: 

Gratitude. Being grateful for everything I have rather than focusing on what I don't have.

Not being so attached to my thoughts/feelings.

Choosing to be happy.

Letting go of things I can't control.

Meeting people where they are, instead of where I want them to be.

Specifically related to my writing career, this quote:

"There is no limit to what a person can do or where s/he can go if s/he doesn't mind who gets the credit."

and this one, for everything: PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION.

I could go on... but that's enough for today. :)


--> -->

1 comment:

Your thoughts?