Thursday, December 13, 2018

TRIBE OF MENTORS: Q.8 Advice for College Students

Welcome to the latest installment of my TRIBE OF MENTORS by Timothy Ferriss series.

Earlier posts:
Q.1 about books
Q.2 about best purchase under $100
Q.4 my billboard message
Q.5 most worthwhile investment
Q.6 absurd love
Q.7 new belief that's improved my life

Today's question:
What advice would you give to a smart, driven college student about to enter the “real world”? What advice should they ignore?

I love this question! And it's one I've had the opportunity to talk a lot about here lately with our new college freshman. And, as it happens, my favorite parts of TRIBE OF MENTORS are in answer to this question.
a path my father took
(in North Dakota)

My answer is this:

There's no right/wrong path... just different paths. Whatever choice you make will teach you something/move you toward something. Just choose and GO.

As for advice to ignore: maybe... ignore all advice. Go out and make your own mistakes. Research, explore, do... your life is happening NOW, not in some distant, fuzzy future.

1 comment:

  1. What you said. And also, don't be afraid to get it all "wrong." There is no such thing!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?